Plan it. Work it. Profit by Business Coach Patricia Pearson
How many balls can you catch at one time? Working a full-time job and trying to do many things at one time led to many of my business failures in the beginning. I was rushing the process. If I focused on many things like creating a website, social media scrolling, I thought that I could make my transition faster.
Building a successful business while you manage a busy schedule is possible. It's all about creating a plan, managing your time and your actions.
It was not until I discovered the (PWP) Plan it. Work it. Profit! I began to grow and create the roadmap for the transition successfully.
Here are five simple steps you can start today to launch your plan
1. Create a Must Do & Wish List
· Do a data dump, preferably on Sunday night? Write down everything you would like to accomplish for the week ahead. At this time, it is not necessary to put them in any particular order.
· Choose three priorities from this list. These are the three goals you will focus on for the week. If one is a large project, only select one and chunk it down into small compartments. You can add two more minor priorities to your wish list. You will only tackle these tasks if you complete your top 3 goals.
· Keep in mind your three goals should be SMART (specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and time-sensitive).
The key is creating the plan. By separating your goals into MUST DO and Wish list, you now have a focus for the week. By doing this consistently for one month, you will have completed 12 major action items on your list.
2. Take the Time to Take Your Time
· Find creative times to work on your business during the day. I am not suggesting that you operate your business on your boss's time or your boss's computer. I suggest you carry your own IPad, laptop or mobile phone with you instead of using your corporate computer. Arrive to work early 20 -30 minutes before start time to spend time at least 15 minutes on your business.
· Utilize podcast and audible books on the ride to and from work.
· Plan your meals like lunch and dinner ahead of time.
· Walk and learn during your lunchtime. Spend 30 minutes of your lunch break walking and listening to training and motivational podcast, audible books.
Taking the time to take your time allows you to get projects accomplished throughout your day. So when you go home in the evening, you have the option to spend time with family, health, and wellness activities or spend an additional couple of hours on your business.
3. The Secret Weapon Spirituality
Daily devotion, Scriptures, and Affirmations are vital to managing your daily mindset.
Corinthians 12:9 KJV "My grace is sufficient for thee"…
"But by the grace of God, I am what I am, and His Grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me" –
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I suggest that you look up scriptures based on the project or situation you are faced with. My friend Mr. Google will gladly assist you.
How we manage our time has a lot to do with whether we believe we are known as grinding?
As an Entrepreneur, Grinding is a common term in business that we may not be apparent when or even why we are grinding. What does Grind mean - it is defined as requiring much and excessive hard work. A rushing, a wearing out, an expression of anxiety. Why do we grind? Because we think we are running out of time.
Time is a precious gift given to us by God. God does not want us to spend all our time grinding; that is why he gives us GRACE. There are times when we must put Grace over Grinding. If you are tired and worn out, it means you are working in your strength versus allowing God's Grace to prevail in your business. This is when you refer back to one of your daily scriptures and devotions.
You don't have to strive endlessly to make things happen with the dream God has placed on your heart for your business. Grace is empowerment. It enables us to successfully do what God has called us to do and to do it in a way you could never do on your own. It's all by His GRACE! My reference for this is a book entitled - Grace over Grind by Shae Bynes
4. Focus on your MMA's – Money-Making Activities
· One of the number one secrets to good time management skills is focusing on your MMA's your money-making activities.
· When you create your list of things to do for the week and identify the top 3 goals. Make sure to include your MMA's in your list.
· Many times, we find ourselves busy, but we are working on the wrong task.
· Focus on your MMA's first. We all have lots of busy work in our business. It differs depending on the type of business you are managing.
· Examples of some MMA's would be:
Follow-ups online and offline via Phone, Email, DM, and Messenger (remember the fortune is in the follow-up).
Networking: Online and offline this should be done daily to meet new clients-customers.
Email marketing – (You must build an email list)
Sales Activity: We are all doing some form of sales. If you're not selling, you're not making money.
Referrals - are essential to you as a business owner as it helps you expand your network and help you meet clients/customers who are already partially sold on what you can do for them.
Hosting your own events
5. Automation - Automation is a great time saver! Automating as many tasks as possible will allow you to still work on your business while you're busy doing other things.
YOUR CRM Mailchimp.com (Free) Active Campaign.com Customer Relationship Management System You can set up automatic emails to go out to your customers without you having to be involved once it has been set up. Set- it and forget it! This will help with keeping in touch and build relationships with your customers and the potential client.
Grammarly.com is an online grammar and spell checker. Saves you from those basic spelling and grammar mistakes (there vs. their, etc.) spelling and Grammar errors Calendly.com – AcuityScheduling.com eliminates the back-and-forth emails for arranging meetings, appointments; you set your availability preferences. The recipient then chooses which time suits them, and the event is automatically added to your calendar.
EVERNOTE.com The Evernote app helps you capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists so that nothing falls through the cracks.
When you combine automation with the previous tips and strategies provided, your productivity is sure to skyrocket. Plan it. Work it. Profit!
I offer a wide range of programs and services for aspiring professionals – from individual one-on-one coaching sessions, group coaching, workshops, and keynote speaking. Visit the following link for a gift:
Social Media Links